Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Demise of the Dangerous Dog?

(Speaking of healthy lunches - it looks like the venerable hot dog no longer belongs in that category!)

Pediatricians in the United States are calling for hotdogs and other foods to be redesigned to reduce the risk of children choking on them.

In a new policy statement published in its journal Pediatrics on Monday, the American Academy of Pediatrics says hotdogs are the food most commonly linked with choking deaths among children.

Click here to read the full story.

7 comments:

  1. Nick - are you hungry today? I'm sensing a bit of theme with your posts...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live for lunch. I consider it my area of expertise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its good to have a command over a real skill!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm... Maybe pureé the dog AND bun in a blender, and make it into a beverage? I guess you could drown if you let it get sucked into your lungs, though.

    I don't see a winning solution to this problem.

    ReplyDelete
  5. perhaps if they enlarged the ingredients on the hot dog package, all of this would become a non-issue. . .

    ReplyDelete