Thursday, October 22, 2009

Alberta anti-vaccine tour concerns disease expert

Two speakers billed as vaccination awareness experts began a tour in Alberta this week — a tour that concerns an infectious disease expert who says attendees might get incomplete information about flu shots.

The speakers, Mary Tocco and Dr. Andrew Moulden, are charging $25 at the door for their appearances in Grande Prairie, Red Deer, Edmonton and Calgary.

In addition to newspaper advertisements promoting their talks, there is also an email circulating that suggests people need to "discover the truth" about vaccines, including the swine flu or H1N1 vaccine.

Read the full story here.

1 comment:

  1. The regular flu shot certainly did not "prevent (myself) from getting sick" last year. Even after receiving it in the fall, I was subsequently very sick twice that winter. In fact, I was the sickest I have felt in years. I understand that the regular flu shot only protects against particular strains, however. Whereas, the H1N1 vaccine (to my understanding) protects against that virus. Does it protect 100% against the virus, though? In the end, I remain torn and confused about vaccines in general!

    ReplyDelete